CBD Vape Oils: Everything you wanted to know about vaping CBD
Smoking used to be the main way that you could consume cannabinoids (THC or CBD). With research showing that CBD (Cannabidiol) has a high potential for health benefits and promotes wellness, cleaner forms of consumption have become more popular. That means you do not have smoke anything to get CBD, instead, you could eat CBD gummies, take CBD oil, or rub CBD lotion on your skin.
Due to the health risks of vaping, Daddy Burt Hemp Co. does not sell any vape products. But, we understand that some of our readers may still be interested in the topic, so we want to provide this helpful guide on how to vape CBD.
CBD Oil vs CBD Vape Oil: What is the difference?
Some of the confusion on this matter is from vape manufacturers who tend to assume the terms are interchangeable. It would be in your best interest to know the intended use of the CBD product you are buying so you don’t ruin your vape pen.
CBD oil tinctures or sublingual products should never be used in vaping. In fact, these oils are so viscous that they will destroy most vaping pens after the first use. What makes CBD oil different is the carrier oil is actually intended for oral consumption. Instead of the carrier oil being a lighter substance used for vaping, it is intended for eating. The most popular carrier oils for CBD oil are MCT or hemp seed oil.
On the other hand, CBD vape oils are only meant to be used in vaping devices. They have specially formulated the oil to be light enough to vape but still provide the main component (CBD) to users.
It is very easy to confuse CBD vape oil and CBD oil sublingual tinctures. While they might be similar in the kind of benefits, they are different in their modes of application.
What is CBD vape oil?
CBD vape oil is the carrier juice which allows consumption of the CBD with a vaping device. CBD is a non-psychoactive chemical, which means it doesn’t get you high or intoxicated. CBD is often made from hemp – so it does not have to be extracted from a plant with high THC. CBD from the hemp plant contains less than 0.3% THC (which is the legal limit in the US), meaning it provides the health and wellness benefits without the high.
In some cases, CBD vape oil may be referred to as CBD vape juice, CBD e-juice, or CBD e-liquid. But they all generally refer to the same thing. Make sure to read the ingredients of the hemp CBD e-liquid as it should only contain cannabinoids, terpenes, PG, VG, and pure CBD extract.
Why do people vape CBD at all?
The difference of vaping compared to using an oral product, cream, or edible is largely a matter of personal preference. Vaping is considered to be the fastest activation for CBD. The effects with vaping are experienced in less than 5 minutes compared to 15 minutes for sublingual products. But, with CBD products you receive the same health benefits regardless of how you consume it.
According to scientific research, here are some of the many benefits of consuming CBD:
- Improves sleep – Research shows that CBD can benefit people suffering from sleep disorders (such as anxiety, irregular sleep patterns, insomnia, etc.) by interacting with the endocannabinoid receptors to bring about a feeling of serenity and calm1.
- Reduces frequency of seizures – The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) recently passed Epidiolex2, a drug made of 99.9% CBD for the use in two rare, serious medical conditions to reduce the frequency of seizures.
- Works for acne – Got acne? The anti-inflammatory effects of this cannabinoid are also applicable with the sebaceous glands3 which are responsible for the production of oils that clog skin pores, causing acne.
- Helps with pain management – CBD is an effective alternative to other pain relief options as research4 has shown to help people manage pain from overexertion.
How to take CBD vape oil
Since we have established that the CBD vape oil can only be, well, vaped, a part of this question has been answered. Now, you have to know just how to vape cannabidiol. Depending on your level of expertise with vaping, you could choose to use:
- vape pens
- vape tanks and other reusable or disposable vape devices
All you have to do is get the device, charge it up, load up the cartridge with your high-quality CBD e-liquid and start enjoying it.
- Using a vape pen – Most CBD vape pens come with a cartridge which can be filled with your CBD vape oil. This makes it very quick and convenient (especially when beginners use it for the first time) to start vaping CBD. After a while, you may have figured things out enough to pick out what vaping tanks will work best for you.
- Using other vaping devices – This method is common for individuals who are experienced with vaping already. All you to do is drip the CBD vape juice onto the coil of the vaping device or fill the tank of such a device.
How instant are the effects of vaping CBD on the body?
Compared with other modes of ingestion, using CBD vape oil is the fastest way to start feeling the effects of the CBD. By vaping, the CBD doesn’t need to go into your digestive system before it is absorbed and used by the body. Instead, CBD enters into your bloodstream through the lungs as you inhale it. This makes vaping the fastest way to generate CBD’s effects – especially when it is used for conditions for which waiting might be painful or uncomfortable.
Will I get high from CBD?
No. Since CBD derived from hemp plants the CBD hemp oil does not have more than 0.3% THC (which is the psychoactive chemical), there is no way it will get you high.
Can I overdose on CBD?
CBD, as well as other cannabinoids, cannot be overdosed. Some medical studies5 and test results have even indicated that up to 1500 mg/day of CBD can be well tolerated by the human body. That is 60 times the most commonly reported amount of CBD taken by daily users (25mg/day).
Can I get addicted to CBD?
No, CBD has no addictive qualities or properties. You should check the other ingredients of your specific vape product to make sure that there are no vape additives or other chemicals that could be addictive.
Is vaping the best way to consume CBD?
No, probably not. If you are more concerned about how fast the effects of CBD kick into action, then vaping may be a good option. However, other forms of ingestion provide longer-lasting effect and are generally safer. Even though vaping is not the same as smoking, oxidization of the coils after continuous usage will lead to the inhalation of nanoparticles and other chemicals into your body. This does not make vaping the healthiest way to consume CBD.
The safety and health concerns associated with vaping are why Daddy Burt Hemp Co. does not offer any vape CBD products. We instead offer a variety of alternative pure CBD isolate and full spectrum products including:
- CBD edibles – CBD is infused into premade gummies.
- CBD lotion and cream – This works best for skin health and pain or inflammation from over-exertion. The CBD is rubbed directly onto the skin as a lotion.
- CBD oil – Sublingual consumption – CBD oil is placed under the tongue for a minute and then swallowed. It can also be added to food for easy use.