What personal information does Daddy Burt Hemp Co. collect from you?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to complete a transaction or to improve your website experience.
When you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address and other personally identifiable device information in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
When does Daddy Burt Hemp Co. collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, use interactive chat features, review our products, ask a user-generated question, enter information on our site, or provide us with feedback on our products or services. Daddy Burt Hemp Co. collects information that is not personally identifiable as you interact with the website and use certain site features.
How does Daddy Burt Hemp Co. use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To provide relevant marketing and promotional materials.
Email marketing & (SMS) Text Messaging: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates.
Residents of the State of California, under certain provisions of the California Civil Code, have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. You are limited to one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may request the information in writing as provided below.
How does Daddy Burt Hemp Co. protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order and enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How do I withdraw my consent?
After your information is collected, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Daddy Burt Hemp Co. uses ‘cookies’
In addition, our website cookies are used to:
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- We may use ‘remarketing’ to advertise Daddy Burt Hemp Co. across the internet, in particular on the Google Display Network or other display exchanges. ‘Remarketing’ may display ads based on what parts of the Daddy Burt Hemp Co. website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. This process allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features may be disabled. You may choose to disable cookies using the tools in your browser; however, by doing so you may not be able to take advantage of all of the functions of our website.
If you do not wish to see ads from Daddy Burt Hemp Co. you can opt out in several ways:
DO NOT TRACK
Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes (“DNT Notice”). Some browsers are, by default, set to provide a DNT Notice, whether or not that reflects your preference. Unfortunately, given how preference-based advertising works, DNT Notices may not be effective in communicating your preferences. For this and a variety of other reasons, with respect to the website, we do not alter the website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser. Rather, if you do not wish to participate in preference-based advertising activities, you should follow the simple opt-out processes identified above.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, website hosting, payment processing, subscription services, conducting our business, product shipping/fulfillment, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
This website is intended for use only by individuals of age 18 or older. We do not specifically market to children under 13. When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to stop emails from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- Market to potential customers or visitors who have opted-in to our email list for updates, news, information, and discounts/coupons
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify advertisements in a reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from future correspondence.
249 W. Short St. Suite #215
Lexington, KY 40507 (USA)