Are you looking to buy CBD and want to know where you can find it in Ohio? This article will teach you how to make educated decisions about which brands are good and where you can buy CBD in Ohio. With the craze sweeping across the United States, CBD is now available in everything thing from oils to gummies and lotions to pet products. This wide variety of products includes cannabidiol (CBD), which is commonly extracted from the hemp plant. CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it does not get you high. Hemp is legally required to have less than 0.3% THC (THC is the chemical often responsible for the high). CBD is safe, non-toxic, non-addicting, and provides a great deal of potential benefits.
Why do people use CBD?
There are plenty of reasons that people are turning to CBD. People often use CBD to address the common symptoms of a variety of health conditions. CBD helps the body by acting on the endocannabinoid system, which is made of receptors and natural chemicals created by the body. With the help of CBD, the endocannabinoid system regulates and manages the body’s response to stimuli including anxiety, inflammation, sleep, and more.
If you live in Ohio, you may have heard about CBD in the news and are curious if/where you can buy it. The good news is that you can buy, own, and use CBD in Ohio as long as it is made from hemp. The downside is that the state’s laws are quite restrictive on people looking to sell CBD products in a physical store. This limits the options for shopping for CBD in-person at retail stores – but buying CBD online is still fast and easy.
Buying Online – CBD shipped to you
Buying online is the easiest and best way for people in Ohio to get CBD products. You can order while sitting at home – just by visiting a website and shopping from your computer or phone. Plus, another benefit of buying online is the ability to check out the manufacturer, so you know you’re getting a quality product. Always check to see if the company is worth your trust. It’s not worth the risk to put anything in your body from a company you don’t trust. Later in this article, we touch on three ways to quickly determine if a brand is trustworthy and offers quality CBD products. If you are a CBD expert, you probably already know that Daddy Burt Hemp Co. is the best online store to buy high-quality CBD products. Check out Daddy Burt’s online store to start shopping for:
Buying CBD in Ohio Stores
Unfortunately, very few public retail stores will carry CBD products on a consistent basis due to the confusion and uneven legislative enforcement on CBD retail sales in the state. As a result, in-store locations are often limited to selling CBD products to individuals with a medical license at dispensaries. But, you do not need a medical license to purchase or use hemp-derived CBD in Ohio (remember you can buy it online). These additional hurdles and restrictions are only for the retailers selling products in physical stores, not the actual products or people buying the products. If you want to go the medical license route, this website provides more information on the process of getting approval to purchase medicinal products through an Ohio compassionate care program.
With all that said… The following list includes stores that have reported they are currently selling hemp-CBD products to the public (but due to the state of flux, please call before visiting these locations just to make sure).
- 3840 Greentree Ave. Canton, OH 44706
Puff Smoke Shop
- 261 W McMillan St, Cincinnati OH 45219
Your CBD Store – Anderson Township
- 8144 Beechmont Ave Cincinnati OH 45255
Columbus Botanical Depot
- 14 W. Pacemont Rd. Columbus, OH 43202
- 548 Wilmington Ave Dayton OH 45420
21st Century Tobacco – Glass Vape CBD
- 7130 Airport Hwy Holland OH 43528
- 6087 State Rd Parma OH 44134
PinkOG CBD Oil
- 815 Phillips Ave Toledo OH 43612
- 3157 W Sylvania Ave Toledo OH 43613
Choosing the Right CBD Brand
You may be wondering if we are biased… Well, of course we think Daddy Burt Hemp Co. is the best, but we also want you to be able to make an informed decision. So we put together a short list of things to check when considering which company you should buy CBD products from:
- U.S. Hemp Authority Certification – The U.S. Hemp Authority is the CBD industry’s approach to standardizing and evaluating the safety and quality standards of CBD brands. The certification standards for the U.S. Hemp Authority exceed the regulations set by the government. Currently, only 20 companies are certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority for processing and manufacturing quality CBD products. – Daddy Burt Hemp Co. is one of those companies certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority.
- The Plant & Processing – In Ohio, publicly available CBD products are required to come from hemp (less than 0.3% THC). Beyond that standard, it is important to know the quality of processing and extracting the CBD from the plant. CBD can be processed and extracted in a variety of ways, so it is important to know that the manufacturer knows what they are doing. – Daddy Burt Hemp Co. products are all made from hemp that is grown in the natural sunshine of Kentucky and undergo a full Plant-To-Product™ Quality System to ensure our products are the highest quality and tracked throughout the entire process.
- Independent Third-Party Lab Testing – Always verify that any CBD product you are purchasing has independent testing results or a certificate of analysis (COAs). This is important because the testing documents show the amount of CBD, THC, and other chemicals are in the product. If a company doesn’t publicly offer this information it is best to avoid this company completely. – Daddy Burt Hemp Co. publishes all of their COAs and testing results in a tab on each product webpage.
CBD’s legal status in Ohio
CBD products that are extracted from hemp and contain less 0.3% THC are legal on the federal level. However, if CBD products are extracted from any source with a higher concentration of THC, then it will be illegal. All the products of Daddy Burt Hemp Co. are made from hemp with less than 0.3% THC, so you can buy, own, and use our products anywhere in Ohio. To the right is an excerpt of the United States Postal Service’s guidelines on shipping hemp and CBD products. As you can see, any U.S. resident is fully allowed to receive CBD products through the mail and Daddy Burt Hemp Co. complies with the necessary company regulations.
In addition, there is currently an Ohio bill in the State Senate of Ohio (Senate Bill 57) that would reclassify hemp products to match the federal regulations of the 2018 Farm Bill. This would open up the ability for retailers to offer CBD products in their stores and would develop a program to assist Ohio farmers with growing hemp crops. The passing of this bill is expected to have its edits take effect in waves beginning in September 2019 and March 2020.
If you want to learn more about the federal legal status of CBD in 2019, check out this helpful guide on CBD in all 50 states: Is CBD Legal? Yes!
Note: The information on our website and any other communication of Daddy Burt Hemp Co. is for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice.
Final Thoughts on Buying CBD in Ohio
Ohio’s CBD Friendliness Grade = C- (But they are actively working to improve their grade)
In conclusion, if you want to buy CBD in person, it is easiest to visit a dispensary with a medical license. Otherwise, it will be hit-or-miss if the stores are consistently selling CBD products until the State Bill takes effect within the next year. But, you don’t have to wait! The easiest way to get CBD in Ohio is by purchasing it online. The best way to get CBD is by purchasing Daddy Burt’s CBD products online through our online store. We will deliver our quality, trustworthy, and effective CBD products directly to your door with a 30-day money back guarantee and free shipping! That means if you aren’t satisfied with your product after 30 days for whatever reason, we will take it back and issue a full refund.