EXPERT ADVICE & TIPS FOR BUYING CBD
Interest in cannabidiol (CBD) has recently spiked to unprecedented levels. Although CBD has been around for quite some time, it seems to be everywhere you look lately. What used to be a niche market is steadily becoming mainstream as companies and customers explore the therapeutic, cosmetic, and economic potential of CBD. As hundreds of companies flood the market, it is vital for consumers to choose the right CBD product.
Where can you find the best CBD products? How do you differentiate between high-quality and low-quality CBD? What should you look for before making a purchase? How do you know if it is the right CBD product for you? This article is designed to highlight everything you need to know to purchase high-quality and effective CBD products.
HEMP-DERIVED CBD IS LEGAL ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
One of the most important things to consider before buying a CBD product is its legality. If the CBD product is made from hemp, you’re in clear to use or buy it in any of the 50 United States. The Farm Bill 2018 effectively legalized hemp and hemp byproducts at the federal level. All Daddy Burt Hemp Co. products are made from hemp and therefore are legal to own and use in the United States. On the other hand, products made from high THC plants are illegal substances because of the concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is the chemical responsible for the high and intoxicating effects. Hemp has less than 0.3% THC, so hemp-derived CBD won’t get you high and won’t get you in trouble.
WHERE CAN I BUY CBD?
Are there CBD products available for sale near you? Well, yes… right in front of you, on this website! Buying your CBD is only a click away.
You can also easily find your favorite CBD products through a quick Google Search. The good news is that the Farm Bill 2018 allows shipping and delivery of CBD across state lines.
As much e-commerce stores are convenient, there is sometimes doubt of authenticity – especially regarding things that you are putting in your body. Before you choose a CBD product, it is vital to ensure its safety, reliability, and effectiveness. One easy way to do that is to look for the U.S. Hemp Authority Certification Seal. This seal means that the product is from one of 19 companies that have been certified by an independent hemp authority for safety and proper hemp processing/manufacturing practices.
WHERE IS A TRADITIONAL STORE NEAR ME?
If you prefer to get your CBD product from a traditional physical retail location we have created a list of places that currently sell Daddy Burt products. In addition to these awesome retailers carrying our products, there are many other places you can find CBD. Other popular locations to shop for CBD near you include dispensaries, supplement shops, smoke shops, and convenience stores. There are over 24,000 individual stores across the country selling CBD, so it is impossible for us to list all of them. But just call around to some of these places around you and ask if they carry CBD products. Want to do Daddy Burt Hemp Co. a favor? While you’re on the phone, ask them if they have Daddy Burt’s CBD products and encourage them to carry our products!
So, how do you know that the company you’re buying from is legit or that their products are safe and high-quality?
How To Choose The Best CBD Oil For You
VETTING THE COMPANY
Just as in any industry, some companies sell high-quality products, low-quality products, and everything in between. So how do you differentiate/vet a company to ensure its products are safe, reliable, and effective?
- One way to ensure a quality CBD product is by checking if there are real people, with a real phone number, and a real address that you can contact. Our CEO, Bob Estes, is proud to put his name and his family’s legacy on our product, literally. You can also call us at (859) 447-6806, contact us online, or drop us a note at our office in Lexington, KY.
- Does the company have responsive and excellent customer support? Companies such as Daddy Burt Hemp Co. are so confident in the quality of their products that they offer a 30-day money back guarantee for their CBD products.
- How are the crops cultivated? Are they free of harmful pesticides, herbicides, and chemical fertilizers? The quality of hemp is a significant determinant of the quality of the final CBD product. Before picking your CBD product, ensure that the CBD brand has a close relationship with farmers or suppliers. Daddy Burt Hemp Co.’s Plant-To-Product™ Quality System only uses hemp from U.S Hemp Authority Certified Farming Partners.
- How is the harvested hemp processed? CO2 is the best and recommended extraction method because it doesn’t leave any harmful residue or solvents.
- Does the company use an independent 3rd party lab to verify their products? Are those testing documents available on their website for you to check or download? All of our products have independent third-party certificates of analysis available for download on the product pages.
- What about the company and product reviews? What are other people saying about the company?
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE BUYING CBD
- How many milligrams of CBD do I want? Daily CBD users often say that 25mg of CBD oil is the right daily dose for them, but it will depend on your personal preferences and desired effects.
- What if I have never tried CBD? Is there a recommended dosage of CBD for beginners? It is best to start with a lower amount, such as 15mg of CBD/day and steadily increase the amount until you find the best amount of CBD for your body.
- Do I want to use the CBD products discretely? If yes, you may want to try a more discrete method of consumption, such as edible gummies rather than a sublingual CBD oil or CBD cream.
VARIETY OF CBD PRODUCTS
There are a few different varieties of hemp-derived CBD products available and it is helpful to learn the differences between each type:
- Cannabinoid Spectrum – Does the product contain CBD Isolate (only CBD) or is it a Full Spectrum CBD that uses all the cannabinoids in the whole plant (including THC, CBN, CBG, and more)? Understanding the difference between isolate and the full spectrum is important, especially if you are drug tested.
- THC content – CBD isolate products are THC FREE, while full spectrum products have small amounts of THC. The THC in full spectrum CBD is enough to possibly show up on a drug test, but not get you high. Although using THC is legal to use recreationally in some states, concentration higher than 0.3% is illegal in most American states and can’t cross state lines at all. Therefore, always confirm the THC content of your CBD products is less than 0.3% THC.
- The CBD in each dosage – Depending on the product, the dosage of CBD mg may vary per serving. How much CBD is in a single serving and how many servings are there per bottle?